You can easily insert the current date and time into your texts. And it works great in combination with the template button
- To insert today’s date into the text, start typing
@todayand press Enter / select from the pop-up list with the mouse
- To insert the current time into the text, type
- You can further click on the result and set the date and time format
- @today and @now can be used in any text block and in page titles
Want to master Notion like a pro?
Get our 5-star Notion Interactive Course.
200+ exercises. 36 topics. 25+ video tutorials
@now and @today in the template button
Putting @now and @today in a template button gives you a handy tool for logging your activity. When you click on the button, you will instantly get the current date or time.
- Create a Template button.
- Click on the To-do list and press Backspace once (it should say
Type / for commands.
- If you accidentally pressed Backspace 2 times and saw the inscription
Empty. Drop blocks here…, then drag an empty block there.
- Type @now or @today and select Time when duplicate or Date when duplicate from the menu that appears.
- Change the name of the button to something like Add curret time or Add current date. Close the button.
- Important. If you want to first write @now / @today outside of the button and then drag it inside, that doesn’t work. So you just get the date at the time of writing
- In order for the time to be created below the button when the button is clicked, there must be any block under the button. Even empty — so just click once under the button.
- You can also put another structure inside the button, such as a simple table, and type @now or @today in it.