In Notion, you can’t just move around the page your columns and rows. They are not preserved on moving or pasting. This means that this layout:
transforms into this, if moved or pasted:
Want to master Notion like a pro?
Get our 5-star Notion Interactive Course.
200+ exercises. 36 topics. 25+ video tutorials
So how to keep the layout? Here is the guide.
How to move your content layout in Notion?
- Add a divider to separate content that doesn’t need to be moved
- Add an empty block above the content that needs to be moved
- Transform this empty block into Toggle Heading 1. This pushes the content up to the divider into the empty toggle heading. The layout is preserved
- Move this heading to where you want to place your layout
- Transform the heading into text
- Delete the empty block above the layout